Hello, me again.
I am scrapping the blog schedule this week and posting twice in two days. I know, crazy. But as you can probably guess, today is my 22nd birthday! Hooray. I’ve now waved goodbye to my 21st year and I’m moving into 22 with lots of exciting things happening including a new job and a holiday with my mumma.
Unfortunately, my birthday has fallen on a dreaded Monday, but I’m determined to make this a great day. I’ve had my favourite lunch from M&S and I even treated myself to a costa coffee at lunch, definitely pushing the boat out. It’s not all bad though, I’ve taken this excuse to extended the birthday celebrations out for a whole week. I’ve spent the weekend celebrating about 4 different birthdays with my boyfriends family and then wandering around Durham, seeking out breakfast to cure our hangover. After work is finished on Wednesday, I get to go home and celebrate with my family.
I thought I’d celebrate my 22nd birthday by sharing 22 things that have brought me happiness this past year:
- I got the courage to start and actually keep up with this blog
- My sisters magical wedding in December
- I graduated with a 1st class degree in Psychology
- I had the best holiday of my life in Menorca with my favourite people
- Exploring the Christmas markets in Newcastle
- Family holiday to Bournemouth
- Spending time by the sea
- I went to Durham Lumineer for the first time
- Starting my first proper job as an assistant educational psychologist
- Seeing my niece and nephews grow up and just become the most beautiful babies I’ve ever seen (not biased)
- Getting our bathroom done so I can have baths fit for a queen (and instagram)
- Meeting new babies in the family, including twins!
- Celebrating 3 years with my boyfriend in Langley Castle
- Discovering my favourite coffee shop in Newcastle, Flat Caps Coffee
- My sisters hen do in Centre Parcs
- Dressing all fancy and celebrating one of my best friends 21st with my favourite girls (hi Anna)
- My boyfriend bringing me coffee and breakfast in the morning before work (sometimes)
- Decorating my bedroom and making it the cosiest place on earth – in my opinion –
- Having morning coffee meetings with my mum and sister
- Spending New Years drinking and playing games with some of my favourite people
- Getting a new car which I still can’t believe is mine, even a year later
- Finally going to counselling and trying to work on my anxiety
There we have it. I’ve actually had an amazing year filled with so many things I’ll always remember. 22 has got some big shoes to fill. Right now, I’ve finished my day at work and I’m off to Miller and Carter to stuff my face with food x